Wisconsin Parental Choice Program (WPCP)
Information for the 2017-18 School Year
- TLS will be part of the Wisconsin Parental Choice Program in 2017-2018.
- Under this program -- funded by the State of Wisconsin -- parents have a voice in how their tax dollars are spent on the education of their children. At TLS, we believe parents are best equipped to decide what school is the best fit for their child. This program allows more families to choose Christian education for their sons or daughters.
- TLS encourages all qualifying families to apply.
Parents must go to the DPI website
to apply for the 2017-18 school year. Once your application has been entered, the DPI site will list what documentation is needed for you to bring to TLS for verification.
TLS Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page
about TLS & the Wisconsin School Choice program.
Click to Register
WPCP Fast Facts
- Enrollment for 2017-2018 will run from February 1, 2017 to April 20, 2017
- Students chosen by a lottery system performed by the Department of Public Instruction receive a voucher that is paid to FVL to cover 100% of tuition
- Completed 2016 Tax Information & proof of residency is needed to complete enrollment eligibility process for new applicants
- Income eligibility set by the state program is based on a family's Adjusted Gross Income; see Income Guideline Chart below
- Families with a student chosen in 2016-17 need to re-apply and provide proof of residency within the enrollment window
Downloadable Information from the Department of Public Instruction (DPI)
Visit the DPI website
to access the following information:
WPCP Eligibility Chart for the 2017-2018 School Year
Adjusted Gross Income
- Income Limits 2017-18 (PDF download)
- Parent Brochure (PDF download)
- Frequently Asked Questions (PDF download)
- Alternative Residency Documentation Form (Word download)
For each additional member add $7,696
|| Max. Yearly Income (Single)
|| Max. Yearly Income (Married)
School District Choices
At one point on the form you will be asked for your school district. Please choose the appropriate response under "Resident School District" and click "Continue." The UHS option that is on the page does not apply to our area.
Options for Determining Income
Accepted documents for proof of residency
- Preferred Method
Complete your income tax for 2016, and enter the necessary totals on the WPCP application. Bring a SIGNED copy of your tax form to the school for reference. This method greatly eases processing of applications
- Secondary Method
On the WPCP application, click to allow the Department of Revenue (DOR) to determine your income eligibility. If 2016 tax information has not been submitted, 2015 data will be used. When determinations are made with this method, appeals may not be made.
- Current Wage Statement (can be year end W2)
- Current water, gas, or electric bill (dated within the last 90 days)
- Current lease agreement